Areas of Expertise
Ulrich is available for speaking engagements, with notable expertise in the following areas:
- Crime, investigation
- Intelligence, clandestine operations
- Media, entertainment
- Inspiration, motivation
- Collaboration, communication
- Political issues, foreign affairs
From rural Denmark to Pyongyang... Ulrich Larsen spent 10 years of his life infiltrating North Korea, something the CIA attempted for more than two decades without success. A former chef living on benefits, he spent a decade traveling the world to infiltrate the Korean Friendship Association (KFA). Through his work, he exposed many hidden secrets, including the North Korean arms trade and production of methamphetamine.
In 2020, Ulrich blew his own cover in the award-winning documentary “The Mole: Undercover In North Korea”.
Today, Larsen lives in a Copenhagen suburb with his wife and kids. He continues to share his story of how an ordinary Danish man embarked on a rather extraordinary journey.
- Social engineering: Deceiving key actors in control of communications between North Korea and the West into trusting Ulrich and revealing sensitive information.
- Infiltrating a regime: A deep dive into how Ulrich remained undetected whilst infiltrating the North Korean regime for a decade.
- Keeping calm in the face of danger: During Ulrich’s operation, there were many close calls. His life depended on how he handled them.
- Living a double life: For 10 years, Ulrich finely balanced his extraordinary life as a undercover mole with his rather ordinary Danish family life.
Experts from the world's top agencies and institutions — now available to boost your mission.