Areas of Expertise
Christina is available for training, consulting and speaking engagements, with notable expertise in the following areas:
- Cybersecurity, technology
- Intelligence, clandestine operations
- Parenting using CIA principles
- Women in tech & national security
Christina Hillsberg is a former CIA intelligence officer, writer, and recognized expert on women in espionage, intelligence tradecraft, and parenting.
While at the CIA, Christina wrote analytic assessments for the President, his Cabinet, and other senior-level policymakers. She specialized in African politics and leaders and was one of the Intelligence Community's few Swahili and Zulu linguists. Christina later worked in the CIA's Directorate of Operations, clandestinely collecting intelligence from the field. She is the recipient of multiple CIA Exceptional Performance Awards.
After leaving the CIA, Christina worked in Information Security at Amazon, where she stood up the company’s first Insider Threat program, created a new global framework to analyze cyber risks, and established new processes to utilize intelligence tradecraft to analyze information security threats.
She is the author of License to Parent: How My Career as a Spy Helped Me Raise Resourceful, Self-Sufficient Kids. Her writing has been featured in outlets such as The Washington Post, The Seattle Times, Harvard Business Review, Parents Magazine, Thrive Global, and Working Mother.
- The CIA Way of Parenting: How to use CIA principles to raise well-rounded, security-conscious kids
- Communication: Leveraging CIA techniques to improve your writing and communication skills
- Threat analysis: How to apply CIA analytic techniques to cyber security programs in the private sector
- Women in Tech & National Security: How to use CIA techniques to be successful as a woman in a male-dominated field
- Amazon Prime Video
- IMDb TV
- U.S. Department of State
- National Security Council
Experts from the world's top agencies and institutions — now available to boost your mission.