Areas of Expertise
Tyler is available for both consulting and speaking engagements, with notable expertise in the following areas:
- Intelligence, clandestine operations
- Security, counterterrorism
- Inspiring, motivating
- Collaboration, communication
- Performance improvement, sales
- Risk assessment and management
- Cybersecurity, technology
- Crime, investigation
- Leadership, strategy, vision
- Social change, avoiding bias, diversity
- Media, entertainment
Tyler Maroney’s path from journalist to private investigator was unexpected. He describes good investigation as built upon thinking like a contrarian: challenging assertions considered right or normal by asking questions, listening carefully, and thinking critically to get at the truth of a situation.
Tyler is a partner and co-founder of Quest Research & Investigations, where his team collects evidence for civil litigators and criminal defense lawyers, conducts internal investigations, looks into allegations of misconduct, and unravels complex corporate structures. He has worked on many high-profile cases, including that of rapper Meek Mill, as well as Serial’s Adnan Syed.
He is the author of The Modern Detective: How Corporate Intelligence is Reshaping the World, covering the crucial role private investigators play in global commerce, government accountability, and legal disputes.
- How private detectives are crucial players in resolving legal disputes, smoothing the flow of global capital, and bringing transparency to government policies and procedures
- The Well-Read Investor
- OffshoreAlert Conference
Experts from the world's top agencies and institutions — now available to boost your mission.