Areas of Expertise
Lena is available for training, consulting and speaking engagements, with notable expertise in the following areas:
- Intelligence, clandestine operations
- Inspiring, motivating
- Avoiding bias, diversity
- Crime, investigation
- Security, counterterrorism
- Collaboration, communication
- Leadership, strategy, vision
- Aerospace, military
- Performance improvement, sales
Lena Sisco is a former Department of Defense (DoD) certified military interrogator and Naval Intelligence officer who served in the Global War on Terror. Lena has been training DoD and federal and state law enforcement agencies in interviewing and interrogation techniques, which includes in-depth deception analysis, body language and elicitation.
Lena is also certified in Organizational Change Management, and Discovery Learning Institute’s Change Style Indicator and Change Navigator, as well as Power + Systems Organizational Workshop. In 2013, Lena started her own company, The Congruency Group.
In 2015 Lena gave a TEDx talk titled, My Secret to Breaking Terrorists: Detecting Deception & Rapport. She is also the author of You're Lying! Secrets From an Expert Military Interrogator to Spot the Lies and Get to the Truth, as well as Marine Scout Snipers: True Stories from Marine Corps Snipers. Her third book, Honest Answers: Interviewing and Negotiation Skills to Get the Truth, will be published by HarperCollins in early 2022.
- Body Language and the Butterfly Effect
- Detecting Deception: How to Spot Lies and Get the Truth
- Awareness: Self, Situational, and Inattentional Blindness
- Advanced Communication Strategies for Influential Leaders
- International Association of Arson Investigators
- Virginia Homicide Investigators Association
- Virginia Crime Analysis
- Texas Crime Stoppers
- The Collaborative Rehab Council
- Alliance Safety Council
- Michigan Association of Community Mental Health Board
Experts from the world's top agencies and institutions — now available to boost your mission.