Areas of Expertise
Rosanna is available for training, consulting and speaking engagements, with notable expertise in the following areas:
- Crime, investigation
- Intelligence, clandestine operations
Rosanna Minchew is a 15-year veteran of the CIA's Directorate of Operations. She served multiple tours overseas in South Asia, Europe, and Latin America, working recruitment and hard-target operations. While Stateside, Rosanna interfaced extensively with consumers of human intelligence (HUMINT) and represented the CIA in interagency meetings on crime and narcotics issues.
Discussion topics include the importance and value of HUMINT, being female in the intelligence world, and a discussion in which Rosanna speaks to her experiences as a U.S. government representative in the foreign environment and the valuable perspective that can result from intelligence work that requires travel.
- HUMINT - Collection, Publication, and Distinction from Finished Intelligence: This talk introduces the "what?" and "why?" of HUMINT, and how sources and information are vetted to insure the integrity of this unique CIA product. Rosanna will cover what makes it out the door and what doesn't and how consumers can improve the quality of HUMINT with feedback. This presentation is for junior analysts who work with, but are unfamiliar with and new to HUMINT.
- An Intelligence Officer Overseas: Ms. Minchew will speak about her career as a CIA operative oversees. The talk will center around her experiences as a U.S. government representative in the foreign environment and the perspective that travel and intelligence work offer. This talk was requested for the annual Mensa Regional Conference (subsequently canceled in 2020), and designed to address its conference theme of "Around the World." It can be adapted to speak to a broader theme of a career in intelligence for a younger audience pursuing work in the foreign policy or intelligence fields.
- Being Female in the Intelligence World: Ms. Minchew shares stories from handling male and female HUMINT sources and how being female impacted those relationships for the better. She addresses what it was like to operate in the Middle East, and speaks on how to navigate a career when men outnumber women in positions of authority. This talk can also be adapted to meet client requests for talks / discussions on gender in the workforce.
- GL travel
- CSI DMC
- Mensa Regional Conference
Experts from the world's top agencies and institutions — now available to boost your mission.