Areas of Expertise
Rosanna is available for training, consulting and speaking engagements, with notable expertise in the following areas:
- Crime, investigation
- Intelligence, clandestine operations
Rosanna Minchew has 20+ years of experience in intelligence, security, and risk, including 15 years at CIA in operational and leadership positions in Latin America, Europe, South Asia, Iraq and Washington D.C. Today, Rosanna continues to participate in scenario-based training in the intelligence space, has advised on interdiction efforts by U.S. Customs & Border Protection, and has been integral in insider risk investigations in the oil and energy sector.
Many private sector corporations have benefited from Rosanna's experience and expertise. From compelling team building workshops and lecture-style training, to results-driven consulting engagements for corporate businesses or creative storytellers, Rosanna offers valuable, actionable learnings applicable in any sector. In 2021 Rosanna founded Spyher LLC, delivering experiential spy-themed tours and events that bring people together.
- Aha Moments - Hear the "you can't make this stuff up" stories of life as an intelligence officer and learn about the intelligence profession in the process. From recruitment, through training, deployment and promotion, this talk guides attendees through this unique career. It touches on the sacrifices that come with a life on the move and in anonymity, and the gifts of perspective and connection.
- HUMINT - Collection, Publication, and Distinction from Finished Intelligence: This talk introduces the "what?" and "why?" of HUMINT, and how sources and information are vetted to insure the integrity of this unique CIA product. Rosanna will cover what makes it out the door and what doesn't and how consumers can improve the quality of HUMINT with feedback. This presentation is for junior analysts who work with, but are unfamiliar with and new to HUMINT.
- An Intelligence Officer Overseas: Ms. Minchew will speak about her career as a CIA operative oversees. The talk will center around her experiences as a U.S. government representative in the foreign environment and the perspective that travel and intelligence work offer. This talk was requested for the annual Mensa Regional Conference (subsequently canceled in 2020), and designed to address its conference theme of "Around the World." It can be adapted to speak to a broader theme of a career in intelligence for a younger audience pursuing work in the foreign policy or intelligence fields.
- Being Female in the Intelligence World: Ms. Minchew shares stories from handling male and female HUMINT sources and how being female impacted those relationships for the better. She addresses what it was like to operate in the Middle East, and speaks on how to navigate a career when men outnumber women in positions of authority. This talk can also be adapted to meet client requests for talks / discussions on gender in the workforce.
- GL travel
- CSI DMC
- Mensa Regional Conference
Experts from the world's top agencies and institutions — now available to boost your mission.