Areas of Expertise
Rolf is available for training, consulting and speaking engagements, with notable expertise in the following areas:
- Security, counterterrorism
- Intelligence, clandestine operations
- Political issues, international business
- Inspiring, motivating
- Leadership, strategy, vision
Rolf Mowatt-Larssen served for 23 years as a CIA intelligence officer in various posts, including chief of the Europe Division in the Directorate of Operations, chief of the Weapons of Mass Destruction Department at the Counterterrorist Center, and deputy associate director of Central Intelligence for Military Support. Rolf was the deputy chief of the CIA’s Moscow station during the turbulent early 90s.
He has appeared as a speaker at dozens of universities, as well as international and U.S. think tanks. He's made Congressional panel appearances, and spoken three times at Harvard Club NYC. He is a Senior Fellow at the Belfer Center, Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, and has served as director for the Project on Saudi and Gulf Cooperation Council Security.
His recently authored A State of Mind: Faith and the CIA, an engaging memoir from a man who battled some of America’s greatest post-World War II enemies, from the Soviet Union to al-Qaeda, and who also knew and worked with many of the important figures of our time.
- A CIA Insider’s View: Threats in the 21st Century
- The Future of Intelligence
- Morality and Ethics of Intelligence
- Cyber Spies are Holding your Data Hostage: How to Stop Them
- Harvard University
- Georgia Tech
- World Affairs Council of Charleston
- CAPA (Citizens Against Political Assassinations)
Experts from the world's top agencies and institutions — now available to boost your mission.