Areas of Expertise
Matt is available for training, consulting and speaking engagements, with notable expertise in the following areas:
- Security, counterterrorism
- Risk assessment and management
- Cybersecurity, technology
- Collaboration, communication
- Leadership, strategy, vision
Security expert, Matt Devost, applies a hacker mindset to identify, manage, and respond to global risks and uncertainties while exploring emerging opportunities. Matt is a renowned hacker with specialization in red teaming, threat intelligence, and global risk management.
He created and led the first red team in the Department of Defense (first to hack aircraft carriers, etc), started the first cyber threat intelligence company, created and ran Terrorism Research Center Inc. for over a decade, and is a Black Hat board member and a Georgetown and Columbia University professor. He is also the CEO & co-founder of OODA LLC.
Matt's presentation style includes lots of great visuals to highlight thematics of content being delivered, infused with fascinating real life stories and analogies.
- Cyber Threats and Risk Management
- Red Teaming Lessons Learned over 20 Years
- HACKthink — how to think like a hacker to solve hard problems and unlock opportunity
- Cybersecurity and Tech Innovation for the Next Decade
- Building Secure Enterprises
- Executive Cybersecurity Threats and Managing High Risk Travel
- Cyber Threat Intelligence
- BSidesNoVA Conference
- Cyber Week
- Homeland Security Summit
- Accenture Black Hat
- Forgerock Identity Summit
Experts from the world's top agencies and institutions — now available to boost your mission.