Areas of Expertise
Al is available for training, consulting and speaking engagements, with notable expertise in the following areas:
- Intelligence analysis
- Crime, investigation
- Risk assessment and management
- Security, counterterrorism
- Political issues, international business
- Media, entertainment
Alvin "Al" Acain is an accomplished intelligence analyst, with a career in security and investigations spanning 16 years.
Al began his tenure in 2000 at the Starbucks Corporation Seattle headquarters as an XBR analyst in Partner and Asset Protection, and continued in that role as a senior analyst when the department evolved into the Global Safety and Security Group. Leaving Starbucks in 2013, Al transitioned into an LP analyst position with The Zellman Group, a Greenvale, NY security and investigations company, and served in that capacity until 2016.
In 2014, Al was accepted as a geo-political forecaster in the Good Judgment Project, the winner and sole entity of the Aggregative Contingent Estimation program, sponsored by Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Activity.
- Digital surveillance
- Theft and fraud detection
- Ecommerce fraud
- Organized Retail Crime
- Policy enforcement
- Basic Interview and Interrogation Techniques
- SCAN (Scientific Content Analysis)
- Certified Fraud Examiner best practices
- Wicklander-Zulawski & Associates
- Laboratory for Scientific Interrogation
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Experts from the world's top agencies and institutions — now available to boost your mission.