Areas of Expertise
Trevor is available for both consulting and speaking engagements, with notable expertise in the following areas:
- Intelligence, clandestine operations
- Collaboration, communication
- Inspiring, motivating
- Social change, avoiding bias, diversity
- Media, entertainment
In his late 30's, Trevor began a highly successful career as a regulatory lawyer and practitioner, becoming one of the first Legal Directors of the UK’s media regulator, Ofcom, and then Ofcom’s Senior Standards Manager, heading its TV and radio complaints division. In early 2017, Trevor retired from Ofcom and returned to his first love: researching and writing intelligence history.
Trevor's pioneering research on covert action by the CIA in Europe during the Cold War was published in the Historical Journal. He has written for, among others, The NY Times, The Observer, The Evening Standard and The Boston Globe. Trevor is also the author of three crime novels.
His definitive history of one of the Cold War’s most notorious KGB espionage networks, the Portland Spy Ring, called Dead Doubles was published to great acclaim in the UK and U.S. in 2020, and was optioned by Red Productions. He is currently researching his second book on the history of aspects of Russian intelligence after the Cold War.
- Espionage and intelligence during the Cold War
- History of Russian military intelligence (GRU)
- Avoiding bias and partiality in the broadcast media
- Royal United Services Institute, London
- National Army Museum, London
- International Spy Museum, Washington DC
Experts from the world's top agencies and institutions — now available to boost your mission.