Areas of Expertise
John is available for training, consulting and speaking engagements, with notable expertise in the following areas:
- Risk assessment, management
- Inspiring, motivating
- Collaboration, communication
- Leadership, strategy, vision
- Aerospace, military
- Performance improvement, sales
- Organizational change
- Crisis management
John Guyant is a master in change and crisis management, as well as leadership, cultural change and workforce development. He assumed his current position as CIA director, Office of Personnel Resources in October 2018, for which he heads up the CIA’s operational HR functions.
Prior to that John served as the director, management services and operations at CIA's National Reconnaissance Office, where he oversaw critical support activities to include worldwide medical, facilities management, logistics, and transportation services.
Before that he served as the CIA chief learning officer, heading up CIA University, after leading the CIA’s Recruitment and Retention Center.
John began his career at the CIA in 1987 as a contracting officer, and served in a variety of positions across the CIA and the Intelligence Community in acquisitions, program management, and numerous special projects.
He has served across all of the CIA’s Directorates and has traveled to 22 countries over his career. John led multiple change management initiatives after graduating from the CIA’s inaugural Black Belt Six Sigma training, and attended executive leadership training at both the Kellogg School of Business and at the John F. Kennedy School of Government.
John's approach to training and speaking includes the use of compelling case studies, group exercises, experiential interactivity, and facilitated panels.
- Organizational Change: How to be positioned for change, The role of culture, Criticality of leadership, Measurement and accountability, Continuity of change.
- Crisis Management: It's why we were hired, Preparation, Importance of expertise, Decision making without perfect information, Leadership, Risk taking.
- Workforce of the Future: Effect of the pandemic, Changes in collaboration, Recruiting the future workforce, Evolving benefits, Retrain vs. outsource.
- Leadership, Strategy, and Culture: Culture eats strategy for lunch, Enduring fundamentals, Does "old school" leadership cut it today? Dealing with competing priorities, Success: It's the only thing they pay us for.
- Central Intelligence Agency
- Human Capital Institute
- The Conference Board
- Masie Learning Consortium
- Marcus Evans
Experts from the world's top agencies and institutions — now available to boost your mission.