Areas of Expertise
JT is available for training, consulting and speaking engagements, with notable expertise in the following areas:
- Security, counterterrorism
- Intelligence, clandestine operations
- Leadership, strategy, vision
- Risk assessment and management
- Aerospace, military
- Collaboration, communication
- Inspiring, motivating
- Crime, investigation
- Cybersecurity, technology
- Avoiding bias, diversity
- Travel risk
An award-winning executive with 23 years of experience developing, integrating, and leading large, complex organizations, J.T. Mendoza is a highly respected leader throughout the global commercial sector, the military, law enforcement, and and the intelligence community.
J.T. was a deputy director of insider threats at the U.S. Air Force, and he served numerous roles at the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), including chief of strategy, plans & programs.
With expertise in leading holistic security programs and managing multi-million dollar budgets to protect organizations, J.T. is a sought after consultant on insider risk management, leadership development and criminal investigation.
J.T. was named “Most Influential in Security” by Security Magazine and earned an award for AFCEA Meritorious Service to the Intelligence Community.
- CI Investigations/Operations: covering lessons learned from case studies (Walker, Montes, and Snowden), and exploring investigative and operational considerations
- Insider Risk Management for Executives: covering program development, assessment, and security program integration
- Leadership Development: leadership principles and human factor engagement
- Defense Strategic Institute
- George Washington University
- U.S. Department of Defense Threat Lab
- Insider Threat Summit
Experts from the world's top agencies and institutions — now available to boost your mission.