Areas of Expertise
Douglas is available for training, speaking and consulting engagements, with notable expertise in the following areas:
- Security, counterterrorism
- Risk assessment and management
- Intelligence, clandestine operations
- Avoiding bias, diversity
- Political issues, foreign affairs
- Collaboration, communication
- Inspiring, motivating
- Leadership, strategy, vision
- Performance improvement, sales
Meet Douglas London, 34-year veteran of CIA’s clandestine service. Mr. London's experience includes Headquarters executive positions and foreign field assignments as a CIA Chief of Station. He is the author of “The Recruiter: Spying and the Lost Art of American Intelligence,” Hachette Books, September 2021.
Mr. London is an Adjunct Associate Professor at Georgetown University’s School of Foreign Service where he teaches Intelligence and National Security Studies and a Nonresident fellow at the Middle East Institute. Since his 2019 retirement, Mr. London has written and spoken on national security for the New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, CNN, and many others. He was a CIA subject matter expert in Counterterrorism, Counterintelligence, Hostile Environment operations, the Near East, Iran and South and Central Asia, as well as an Intelligence Educator.
Today Mr. London helps corporate teams to improve in key areas required to lead successfully, including the application of CIA best practices to foster integrity, earn trust, flexibly adapt to dynamic circumstances, and communicate and collaborate more effectively.
- Driving Results Through Integrity: How to have confidence in your planning with the flexibility to adapt to dynamic circumstances and the critical components of trust, communications and integrity with teammates.
- Moral and ethical quandaries of leadership: How to manage through and thrive beyond a crisis of conscience in serving your superiors, your organization, and those placed in your charge.
- The Bump - Going Beyond Your Comfort Zone: The ultimate lesson in prospecting - learn to relate the mechanics and challenges of manipulating opportunities to not so randomly meet and establish contact with someone you're interested in developing a professional relationship with but who might not be so inclined if aware of your actual agenda. London juxtaposes techniques used by CIA case officers in pursuing targets of interest with seeking out professional contacts at conferences, conventions, and other various venues.
- Georgetown University
- Kings College (London)
- Duke University
- American University
- Deloitte, Leading Authorities Inc.
Experts from the world's top agencies and institutions — now available to boost your mission.